Friday, September 4, 2009

in the beginning...

Since returning from the most incredible wedding on a beautiful ranch just outside of Calgary, most of my spare time has been spent re-connecting with friends and family. 5 days is a long time when you tend to be a people junkie! I will not attempt to define "spare time", we all have our own definitions...and they are all correct in my estimation.

Part of the reason for beginning my blogging career at this point in time is that I struggle with procrastination. Sometimes it is even great things that I love that I procrastinate about. Is it a gene? Or a programming glitch in the brain? Whatever it is, I have it! Sometimes it works in my favour so I am not to distraught by the affliction.

You have heard the term, "Shiny thing!" ? Well, if you have spent anytime around me you have heard it. All that it means is that I have just been distracted by something, probably in my peripheral vision, which appeared, at least momentarily, to be more important than that which held my undivided attention a mere split second ago. You follow me? Do not fear if the path looks windy and difficult behind me, why do you think I called this blog 'Rebes with a Twist' Puhleeze, this is my life! Many times over the years I have wondered if my thoughts on paper would have a monetary value. Seriously, Woody Allen? He has made a ton of money from some really twisted thoughts and plots. How about Leonard Cohen? Or Walt Disney? Hello! Tell me in what ONE way these are congruent! They AREN'T! See what I mean? They are all brilliant minds, each with a following of incredible proportions, but they are all pretty twisted. Shiny Thing!

For anyone who was hoping for some hidden fantastic literary findings behind the mask of Rebecca MacMillan, sorry to disappoint. It is just me, as I live it, think it, process it.

My life has never been dull, I have rarely been bored, I have only had one job in my life that I did not like, and to be honest, it wasn't the job, it was the bosses. The amount of ideas that have crossed my mind for entrepreneurial exploration ( or exploitation! remind me about the rice krispy bears sometime) it would boggle the average mind. Almost everything I see gives me an idea of how it could be marketed or improved upon.

Music is a passion I adore. There is very little music that I find unappealing, please do not try to convince me that some brass intruments are soothing. It is just not so in my ear. No offense to the brass instruments, some of us were just not created to spend a whole lot of time appreciating each other.... you follow?

Not a big t.v. watcher, although, if it is on (shiny thing!) I can be tempted to vegetate in front of the screen while hopefully searching for something worth watching. Some say pathetic, I say easily distracted. Big difference.

How's that twisted path working out for you? I am not even winded yet! Don't worry, I am close to winding up for now.

I looked at the clock, oh my gosh, did I actually eat the blackberry spelt pie with cream for breakfast 3 whole hours ago?


Time flies.... sometimes I like that. Sometimes not.

Karl Jenkins, Adiemus: The Eternal Knot is now playing on my computer, I started with Kari Jobe, see? I wasn't kidding about my collection of music.

And so it ends....


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogging World... :) I look forward to peeking into a Rebes twisted world occasionally :) Enjoy the journey of the computerized journal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are hilarious, but I am wondering if people really see the beauty behind shiny...maybe we should take a poll LOL

    ReplyDelete