Wednesday, September 30, 2009

No Shame in this...

Shameless Request;

I am acting in a volunteer capacity at the moment, seeking any persons or businesses who would be willing to donate something for a fundraiser I am involved in with the L'Arche Community. The only businesses that I am approaching with this request are businesses that I and my husband, Andrew, support with our own patronage.

The fundraiser in on Nov 7th, 2009. There will be a dinner-dance / silent auction held at the Comox Rec Centre.

If you aren't familiar with L'Arche, they are an international non profit program designed to support the mentally challenged in such a way that they are able to contribute in any capacity to their community and have a sense of their self worth. They are included in every area of the mainstream of society and treated with respect and love. Such a valuable and noble cause. They do have a website if you would like more info www.larche.ca

I recognize the demands stemming from the economy and it’s effect upon all of us. If you cannot donate at this time, I completely understand. If you are able to donate, please email me or call me at 250-334-2838 and I will be happy to pick up your donation. All contributions will be gratefully accepted.

Sincerely,

Rebecca

P.S. I also have tickets available if you would like to come! They are $40 each (Charitable Donation Income Tax Receipt for $20 can be issued to ticket purchasers) Tickets are also available at Jacob's Well downtown Courtenay. The gathering is at 5:3o p.m., with dinner at 6 p.m. and dancing at 7 p.m. Live Music by The Cure-All Dance Band (15 pc orchestra)


Thank you again for your valuable time.

Sincerely,




Rebecca MacMillan

rebestwistedheirloom@me.com
250-334-2838

No comments:

Post a Comment