Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In Light of New Friends

Life has been happening steadily since my last post. There have been a few inquiries as to when I would resurface. Well... here I am! As far as new material goes, there has been no shortage. Many of your heads would spin just in the retelling of my daily adventures, let alone the living the really wild stuff. I am here to be your buffer. Oh don't I make the mundane of life sound wonderful? Ha ha ha!

I have made a new friend and that relationship is what prompted me to write a more current blog story. Fathers day was great and all but really- June? More than a few days ago for sure! (I Love you Dad!)

Since my last post many big things have happened in my daily life. The biggest and most exciting of which is my twin grand-boys!
Seriously! Julia is having twins and we know they are boys. I am so excited. I was sharing with my friend today that as I watch her, and feel the babies move from inside of her beautiful burgeoning tummy, my heart wells up and comes right out of my eyes. True story!

My other children are all very excited. This is a big event for all of us. First grandbabies, first nephews, first Great grand babies. Wow. God is so good, we are blessed. Okay so maybe we are still reeling a little, but we know we are blessed none the less.

I have been spending quite a bit of time with frie
nds lately who have 3 boys, all under the age of 10. They are beautiful, lively, and ALL boy. While I was over there this morning I mentioned to their mom that I could just see the time when the twins are about 5 yrs old and they are looking to her boys as the heroes and role models... how amazing that is going to be. As a parent, I have seen so many layers of this process. So now I am looking forward already to the next layer.

In my office I have 2 pairs of Crocs, size 6 months, they
are hanging beside the art cards that we have for sale. Many a conversation has begun with , "whose are these?" Oh, let GiGi (double gramma) tell you about these cute little crocs! and on my desk are 2 pairs of the cutest little socks with little bear faces on them, they are formed with cardboard support shaped like little feet, on the top of each of them is a little tiny hat. Can you say CUTE!? I am hooked. Before they even arrive I am in love with them. Praise God for His perfect timing... I certainly hadn't entered this on my calendar yet! I actually blogged sometime ago that I might be ready in 10 years... okay, so I have adjusted my calendar! Bring 'em on.... I am ready.

The people who already know me are not surprised at my enthusiasm...but for those who don't know me, you may wonder how I can be so excited when not all of the details in this "fairy tale" are perfect.

Hmmmmm, could it be that I recognize that we are only in control of so much in our wordly lives? and the rest is given to us for us to choose how to embrace it or not? I choose embrace. I choose Love no matter what. I love these babies. Thank you Jesus! Oh I wish I could describe my emotions effectively in words. You would squirm!!

I have 4 children, and to be quite honest, having any children was not at the top of my "wanna do" list. Over the years I have commended God for saving my life by giving me these 4 incredible miracles. They have saved me time and time again. Just by being. Hallelujah! by Loving those little beings that came from within my broken and battered physical body, I have realized a capacity to love that I could never have known.

The end of my sharing today is followed with a photo of me and my "little" brother Kelly. The funny part is that Kelly is 2 yrs, 2 mos & 11 days younger than I am... but at this point he is about 10 inches taller!
This photo was taken in about 1969, we lived in Victoria, B.C. My amazing and loving mumma woke us from a nap to shine for the photographer. This is the DNA line that precedes my grandboys. It makes me happy and it makes me smile as I recapture the memories. Family...isn't it just the most incredible gift? Not always what we think we want, not always easy or what we would choose....but oh, how unforgettable. I am thanking my Great Big God. A gift I may not have chosen. Priceless. Thank you Jesus. I love my family. Unconditionally. Forever.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT but not the picture of me on the couch !!! not my most flattering mother :) enjoyed reading though !! xoxoxo lovee u

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to have you back!! Miss talking to you. I know you have lots to share. Thanks for the photos (and Julia's beautiful!!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your note today was a surprise Rebecca, so thank you for letting me catch up on your family news. All the best as you live and love the Lord and the life with which he blesses you.
    Ron Unruh
    http://www.ronunruhGPS.blogspot.com
    http://www.ronunruhgallery@webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My precious girl~*~You are blessed with an amazing ability to write and bring clear mind pictures to the readers :)There is no doubt what you mean when you describe the Joy that fills you, the excitement brought by waking to each new day! Most of all, the Love you have for Jesus~*~the gift that fills you, because He first loved you <3 I am so privileged to have been Chosen by God to be your Mumma~Blessing upon Blessing :) Remember I love you forever! <3

    ReplyDelete