Thursday, November 5, 2009

Twisted and One of a Kind meets Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon


Last night was the first official reveal of Twisted Heirloom and Gill, One of a Kind. Overall it was a tremendous success, lots of women came through the door. Many familiar connections were made. It is always exciting to me to see how closely we really are connected. I was introducing 3 friends of mine, it turned out they all knew each other... they had gone to school together...more than 30 years ago!

At the end of the evening, we were exhausted, good exhausted. We received a ton of positive feedback, some criticism which was also positive. If our friends can't be honest with us, then we probably shouldn't be in business in the public. Thank you to all who support us, we do so appreciate it.

I went to bed last night with such gratitude, the alarm was not set ! Woo hoo! At some crazy dark hour I heard the distinct sound of empty garbage cans rolling around in the quiet cul de sac that we live in. Being the nutbar that I have been known to be, I dragged my sleepy bones out of bed and put on my coat. My luxurious faux fur dress-me-up coat! After determining the wind factor, in order to brace myself for stability, I faced the gusts head on and went down the driveway. With careful consideration for my safety, knowing there were untethered garbage cans flying about, I crouched and scanned. There is one! Oh, and there is another! Phew! Just like a scene out of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon I lept across the pavement. Gotcha! Hey, it says 'MacMillan', awesome, I just performed emergency rescue on one of our own garbage cans! Wait, here comes a blue one.... NAILED IT! I was thinking, "Someone should be filming this!"

After carefully securing both cans from the risk of further flailing, I charged back up the stairs and into the dry safe haven of my welcoming home. Now what was I doing before my rescue operation? Oh yeah... back upstairs.

Slightly damp and way to wide awake, I hung up my beautiful warm coat, changed out of my way to long, wet flannel trousers, and climbed back into my still warm, very cozy bed. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH......Definitely heading to the beach today to check out the waves. But first, more sleep.

What a great day!

3 comments:

  1. No trip to the beach is without a purpose... think rocks... pocket size.
    What a great night! Thank you Jesus for creativity, fun and friends. To You be the glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you forever, and I love everything about you!! XXOO<3<3 from your Mumma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tears in my eyes, beautiful Sister! Thanks for sharing this with me ~ Love you and the energy and honesty you bring forth to the world!!
    Michele
    P.S. not sure why this is asking me for a URL, but here we go anyway!

    ReplyDelete