Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thank you Volunteers!

Thank you Volunteers!
You make it happen.

This is a peek at one volunteer in the Comox Valley, my husband Andrew MacMillan



This is a little video of my loving husband as he engaged with the crowd at the Christmas Parade today.

Andrew is the essence of Spirit. Everything that he is involved with gets his 100%. One Hundred Percent involvement, enthusiasm, energy, support, willingness, participation. If we could bottle his essence we would be very wealthy! More than once I have heard people mention a desire to clone Andrew, it would make everything so much easier for event planning and executing. Anytime I am on the sidelines and have a chance to kibitz with other sideline supporters or someone who is also involved in "that" event, I hear the same thing. Accolades of praise. 'Andrew is so wonderful', 'Andrew is so helpful', 'Andrew is so generous', 'Andrew is always willing', 'Andrew is the guy you want on your committee'.

They are right, he is all of those things. He gives from the heart. It is a "pay it forward" type of attitude, yet if you were to suggest that to him, he would wonder what you meant. Today was our annual Christmas Parade, here in the Comox Valley. Thankfully it did not rain! Hallelujah! Andrew is on the "Spirit of B.C." committee. For the second year in a row he has helped carry the 'Spirit' banner in this parade. Watching him walk jauntily down the street, waving, smiling, greeting, engaging with the crowd, you want to know him, you want to catch a little bit of that bright spirit. It is good. He is the perfect man for the job. And he loves it! He loves to be involved in community events.

I believe that the greater good of every community is reflected in large part by the members of every local individual volunteer, volunteer committees, and group of volunteers. My husband is just one of them. I am very proud of him. I hope my little introduction of my husband has encouraged you to get involved in something in your community, if you weren't already. There is such reward in giving to the greater good. For no other reason other than you can! I am but one voice but being on the sidelines I have heard many. Thank you volunteers, you are greatly appreciated!

( Couldn't resist this shot! how cute is this little volunteer!)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Andrew!!! He deserves all the accolades for sure!

    ReplyDelete